Learn about consultation visits with a physician you can set up online.
What features are offered in a My Physician Online visit?
By arranging for an online physician consultation, you can take advantage of any of the following features:
- Access medically reviewed information covering a full range of healthcare topics, doctor-recommended information and links to relevant websites.
- Request advice about non-urgent symptoms using an online medical interview tool reviewed by your physician online.
- Request and schedule appointments online, any time. You’ll also receive appointment reminders.
- Get lab results with explanations from your physician through a secure e-mail.
- Ask your online physician for referral to a specialist.
- Renew your prescriptions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or ask your physician to send your prescription refill request to your pharmacy.
- Review your prescription information online, any time.
- Store all your healthcare information in a convenient and secure place online.
Am I eligible for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) to cover my online physician consultation?
Blue KC covers online physician consultations for all members enrolled in an HMO health insurance plan and whose Primary Care Physician (PCP) is participating in the RelayHealth program.
How do I know if my PCP participates in the RelayHealth program?
To find out if your PCP participates in the RelayHealth program, visit the RelayHealth website and search for your PCP using their online search tool. If you have recently made changes to your PCP selection, please note you must have made at least one in-office visit to your new PCP prior to request an online physician consultation. Your new PCP must participate in the RelayHealth program.
If Blue KC does cover my online physician consultation, how much I will owe for the consultation?
You will be responsible for paying a $10 copayment per online consultation.
What is not covered in my online physician consultation?
Your Blue KC health insurance plan does not cover healthcare services rendered from physicians other than your PCP.
Can I still request an online physician consultation if I wish to obtain healthcare services that are not covered by Blue KC?
Yes, you are welcome to register with RelayHealth and use the program’s convenient web visit services. Please note you will be responsible for all the costs associate with your healthcare services as determined by your physician.
I have more questions about the online physician consultations. Who can I contact?
Visit the RelayHealth website for more information on online physician consultations.