- Individual and Family Plans
- Medicare Plans
- Small Group Plans
- Large Group Plans
2014 Individual and Family Health Plans
Blue & U Product Family
Stay on budget. Select an affordable health insurance plan with a deductible, copay, and coverage that fits your healthcare needs.
- Blue & U Classic offers cost certainty to individuals who want copayments on common services
- Blue & U First is especially attractive to individuals who do not frequently visit a healthcare provider
- Blue & U Saver plans are for individuals who want to build medical wealth through a Health Savings Account.
- Blue & U SafetyNet is designed to provide an emergency safety net for unexpected medical costs.
Blue & U Networks
Offers Blue KC members the largest selection of providers within our 32-county service area.
A new, more limited provider network, BlueSelect, is available only in the 5-county Kansas City metropolitan area, which includes Clay, Jackson, and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
When you’re a Blue KC member, you take your healthcare benefits with you-across the country and around the world with the BlueCard® Program. BlueCard gives you access to doctors and hospitals almost everywhere. Outside of the U.S., you have access to doctors and hospitals in nearly 200 countries and territories around the world through the BlueCard Worldwide® Program.
The Affordable Care Act requires new individual plans provide coverage at designated coverage, or “metal” levels.
The defined metal levels are platinum, gold, silver and bronze. You can select a plan level that best suits your preferences. Generally premiums are higher for platinum plans, and you pay less in deductibles, coinsurance and copays. With bronze plans, premiums are generally lower, and you pay more in deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
Platinum plans pay 90% of covered costs on average
Gold plans pay 80% of covered costs on average
Silver plans pay 70% of covered costs on average
Bronze plans pay 60% of covered costs on average