Getting Involved in the Communities We ServeIt's All Part of the Blue KC Commitment
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) has been doing business for more than 75 years, but what we do goes beyond providing some of the best health insurance in our hometown. We partner with local people and organizations to create powerful initiatives to help our community become a more vibrant place to live, work, play and raise a family. For those reasons, we are proud to support a variety of organizations. It's about helping our members and Kansas City build a healthier future.
– Macaela Stephenson, Manager of Community Relations
Our main charitable focus is on organizations that concentrate on health and wellness initiatives.
Through the Blue KC community investment program, donations are made to a broad range of worthwhile causes and non-profit endeavors. We are committed to improving the health and wellness of the individuals and families living and working in the communities that we serve. One way we fulfill that mission is through charitable contributions to not-for profit organizations. Our main giving is to organizations focusing on health and wellness. We also give to those that enrich our community through social services, education, arts, culture and civic endeavors.
To be eligible for funding, you must:
- Work to improve the quality of life and health in the community
- Benefit communities served by Blue KC
- Be designated by the IRS as a 501c3 charitable organization
- Serve the community with equal opportunity regardless of age, race, sex, religion or disability
- Health and Human Services
- Civic and Community Organizations
- Arts and Culture
- May have broad based community involvement, partnerships, coalitions and collaborations
Limitations Blue KC does not consider charitable funding for:
- Organizations outside of Blue KC’s 32-county service area
- Religious organizations
- Political organizations and campaigns
- Capital campaigns
Our policy is to make only one contribution per year to an organization. Blue KC does not commit to multi-year funding for any organization or event. If you have multiple requests for the year we ask that you make every effort to combine those into 1 payment to be distributed across the funding opportunities.
If you are interested in being considered for funding you can set up an account and apply.
If you have any questions about our charitable giving or the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.