- Individual and Family Plans
- Medicare Plans
- Small Group Plans
- Large Group Plans
Individual and Family Health Plans
2016 Product Family
- Basic is an affordable plan that provides a great option for individuals and families in the Kansas City metro area.
- Classic is great for those who want to know their coverage up front. Our Classic plans provide predictable coverage with clearly defined copays on the most common services.
- First provides 100% coverage for in-network services after you have paid your deductible.
- Saver is a great way to secure an affordable plan for the budget-minded.
- SafetyNet is available to individuals under 30 years of age only, or those qualifying for hardship exemptions.
Preferred–Care Blue® offers Blue KC members the largest selection of providers within our 32-county service area. Outside of our 32-county service area, this network allows you to take your healthcare benefits with you-across the country with the BlueCard program. BlueCard gives you access to doctors and hospitals almost everywhere.
A more limited provider network, BlueSelect is available only to residents of the 5-county Kansas City metropolitan area, which includes Clay, Jackson and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas. BlueSelect network also includes access to the national BlueCard network outside of our 32-county service area.
BlueSelect offers greater affordability by using a smaller hospital network than Preferred-Care Blue.
BlueSelect for Basic Individual
BlueSelect for Basic Individual is the same 5-county Kansas City metropolitan area network as BlueSelect. However, this network does not include any participating provider network outside of the Kansas City metropolitan area.
This network offers greater affordability by using a smaller hospital network limited to the Kansas City metropolitan area.
The ACA defined metal levels are platinum, gold, silver and bronze. You can select a plan level that best suits your preferences. Generally, premiums are higher for platinum plans, and you pay less in deductibles, coinsurance and copays. With bronze plans, premiums are generally lower, and you pay more in deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
Blue KC offers gold, silver, and bronze level plans in its 2016 product offerings.
Platinumplans pay 90% of covered costs on average
Goldplans pay 80% of covered costs on average
Silverplans pay 70% of covered costs on average
Bronzeplans pay 60% of covered costs on average
Resources to Help You Choose a Plan
- 2016 Blue Options
- 2016 Opciones Blue (Spanish Version)
- 2016 Kansas Prescription Drug List
- 2016 Missouri Prescription Drug List
- Preferred-Care Blue Provider Directory
- BlueSelect Provider Directory