Blue KC is raising awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s disease as part of The Longest Day® campaign. The longest day of the year is June 21 – the day with the most light – and the day the Alzheimer’s Association calls on everyone to fight the darkness of Alzheimer’s disease.
We’ve teamed up with the Heart of America Alzheimer’s Association and invited Blue KC employees and ACA and MA members to join the Blue KC fundraising team.
The Longest Day fundraiser runs through June 21, and Blue KC will cap its fundraising efforts at the July 1 First Friday in the Crossroads. That night, First Friday attendees can park with a purpose in the Blue KC headquarters parking lot for a voluntary donation. See details below.
Proceeds from The Longest Day campaign will fuel the care, support, and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Park with a Purpose to support Alzheimer’s awareness
- Date: Friday, July 1
- Location: Blue KC Headquarters Parking Lot – Grand St. and 22nd St./OK St.
- Time: Enter parking lot from 3 – 8 p.m.
- Turn west on 22nd St./OK St. from Grand Blvd.
- Drive down the OK St. ramp
- Halfway down the ramp, turn right towards the security gate into the lot
- Signs will guide your way