Effective immediately, Blue KC now accepts groups with a maximum 35% renewal, an increase from the previous 24.9% renewal. To obtain a level funded ASO (5-99) or non-ACA fully insured (51-99) underwritten quote, groups must have a minimum 10 enrolled employees.
What we need:
- Completed applicable Blue KC Group application
- Group’s complete renewal (renewal must match the requested effective date)
- Most recent current carrier bill
- Blue KC census template. Must be on our template (include dependent information if applicable)
- Level funded ASO groups will be asked to submit claims experience reporting if available
Submission steps to success
- To avoid delays in processing, please submit a group once you have ALL required documents. Blue KC prioritizes new group submissions based on accurate and complete submissions.
- Groups not eligible for Curv include:
- ACA groups, Virgin groups, and groups coming out of association/PEO plans as they do not have “group specific” renewals. We require medical applications for these groups.
- Groups with renewals greater than 35%. Fully completed health applications are required.
- Groups with less than 10 enrolling. Fully completed health applications are required.
- If additional employees elect to enroll AFTER Curv underwriting is complete, fully completed health applications are required for those employees for underwriting review.
- If there are fewer members enrolling after Curv underwriting is complete (10% variance) Blue KC reserves the right to rerun the updated census through Curv (rates potentially subject to change).
Contact your Blue KC sales consultant for more information.