Understanding Your Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
When you visit a doctor or hospital, they work with Blue KC to file a claim on your behalf. These claims are outlined on your Explanation of Benefits – or EOB. Your EOB is a go-to reference for important information like how much of your care was covered and how much you may still need to pay.
We make it easy for you to find the information you need on your EOB. Check it out.
- A simplified summary providing high-level claim details.
- An easy-to-read, detailed breakdown of claim(s) that highlights your Blue KC discount, what Blue KC is covering, your copay, and more.
- A section that highlights your Blue KC savings.
- Deductible and maximum out-of-pocket summaries that provide information in a format that’s similar to what you’ll see online.
- Plus, Blue KC will generate EOBs within around 14 days of a claim being processed instead of every time a claim is processed. If multiple claims come in during that window of time, they’ll be included on the same EOB. This will keep you in the know and save paper.