Help your employees get the most out of their health plan and manage it with ease with these 2023 reminders.
1. Download the Blue KC Member Guide
Your Blue KC Member Guide is like a car owner’s manual. It covers everything included in your health plan in a quick, informative format. It’s an excellent resource to have on hand. Share your Member Guide with employees using the ready-to-use communications in our Digital Member Guide Toolkit.
Digital Member Guide Toolkit – Employer Resource
2. Get the MyBlueKC mobile app
Never underestimate the power of a mobile app, especially when it puts health plan resources right in your hands. Use it to access:
- Digital Member ID card – Handy for those trips to the doctor or pharmacy when you left your physical card at home.
- List of current prescriptions – When your doc asks for current scripts, it’s on the app.
- Virtual care – Visit with a virtual care doctor day, night, or wee hours of the morning
- Find a doctor using Find Care
- See medical claims
3. Find a doctor in your network using Find Care
Use Find Care to search providers in your network, estimate costs, and compare prices. Its one of the Blue KC tools you’ll use most. Locate it on your member portal at MyBlueKC.com in the left column.
4. Visit a new healthcare facility near you
Your universe of healthcare facilities has expanded in 2023.
- Spira Care Independence – Spira Care Independence opens this month at 3717 S. Whitney Ave. If your plan includes exclusive access to Spira Care Centers (check your member ID card for the Spira Care logo), you can receive advanced primary care services under one roof – at no or low cost – at one of nine Spira Care Centers across the Kansas City metro.
- Providence, St. Joseph, and St. Mary’s Medical Centers added to BlueSelect Plus network – BlueSelect Plus now includes 16 hospitals and more than 4,100 providers.
5. Download your Benefit Booklet with a handy QR code
Your health plan Benefit Booklet is like your Member Guide but with a legal flair. It’s the official document for your health plan and goes into detail about benefits, covered services, provisions, programs, and your rights and responsibilities. Get yours by scanning the QR code on your member ID card or visiting MyBlueKC.com, then Plan Benefits in the left column, then Medical. Please share these resources with employees and, of course, call your Blue KC representative if you have questions.