What is a Medicare Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) and why is it worth considering?
EGWPs are customized Medicare Advantage plans developed exclusively for businesses, unions, and state and local governments. Because they involve larger group participation, more robust and affordable options can often be provided.
Better for your retirees and your bottom line.
It may start with cost savings, but Blue KC Group Medicare Advantage plans offer many additional advantages for both your retirees and your organization.
For your retirees …
- Lower premiums compared to commercial coverage
- Lower out-of-pocket maximums
- Access to supplemental benefits that might not be included in a commercial plan
For your organization …
- Better commercial renewal rates
- Lower loss ratios
- No employer contribution requirements
- Larger employers can customize prescription benefits to include coverage during the Part-D Prescription Coverage Gap
- Benefits like EGWPs can help you retain talent and reward dedicated employees
Is an EGWP right for your organization?
We can help you determine which Group Medicare Advantage plan options make the most sense for you and your retirees. Our dedicated account managers and administrative support team will answer all of your questions and take care of the paperwork so you don’t have to. Plus, we’ll support your team with Lunch n’ Learns, one-on-one consultations or group presentations for employees nearing age 65 or retirement.