Nothing says summer like heirloom tomatoes. Pick up the most beautiful ones you can find. Toss them in a bowl with a few simple ingredients. And you’ll have a stunning and delicious salad in minutes.
SUMMER HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALAD
MAKES 2 QUARTS
- 3 cups vine-ripened heirloom tomatoes, different colors and cut into medium cubes
- 1 cup vine-ripened heirloom grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3-5 tablespoons fresh basil, finely cut
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese cut into medium cubes
- 1-4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 whole lemons, juiced
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together everything but the cheese.
- Gently fold in the mozzarella cheese.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and optional garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Lemon zest
- Extra virgin olive oil, drizzled
- Chili flakes, few pinches
Serve this summer salad alongside or on top of freshly grilled bread seasoned with olive oil. For an extra pop of flavor, add shaved aged Parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze.
From the kitchen of Chef Kyle Williams.