What’s the best thing about energy bites? Besides the energy, of course. It’s that they’re super easy to make and don’t require using the oven. You simply combine all the ingredients, form them into whatever shape you prefer (ball, bar, ellipsoid), pop them into the fridge for a few hours then, voilà! Perfectly portable, powerfully potent, energy bites, or bars, or ellipsoids.
Power Energy Bites
For Power Bites, You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of dry oats
- ¼ cup of ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup of wheat germ
- ¾ cup of cocoa nibs
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- ½ to 1 cup of local raw honey
- 1 cup of toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup of natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
Method of Preparation
- Add oats to a kitchen blender and pulse 3-5 times.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats to remaining ingredients.
- Wearing food-safe gloves, mix well by hand, working all ingredients into each other.
- Roll into small balls (or other shape you prefer).
- If the energy bites seem dry, add more honey.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours, then serve.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats and omit the wheat germ.
This recipe is dairy-free.
Chef Kyle Williams