Get a Primary Care Physician Before You Need It
Your primary care physician (PCP) is the first contact in your healthcare journey. Having a PCP offers you and your family consistent knowledge and familiarity to personalized care, delivering a tailored approach to partner with you and improve your quality of life.
A PCP provides a comprehensive healthcare plan for their patients and coordinates with any specialists that are needed to improve your health. Your PCP can help with preventive services, immunizations, lab work, screenings and so much more. PCP’s can help with common illnesses and provide immunizations to keep you healthier.
You don’t want to be caught off guard with a medical crisis and not have an established relationship with a PCP. By having a PCP, you can schedule appointments in a timely manner without having to wait for several months to be seen for a visit. A relationship with a PCP can help you lead a healthier lifestyle, screen for diseases, and provide needed medications. A PCP can develop an action plan for all your healthcare concerns and even talk with you about stress, anxiety, and other behavioral health issues.
To find a PCP near you, visit MyBlueKC.com > Find Care.
Benefits of having a PCP include:
- Your PCP will have your medical history.
- Your PCP will have your family history to discuss possible future health risks.
- Your PCP will know your lifestyle that contributes to your overall health.
- Your PCP is there for annual checkups, screening, and vaccines to prevent illness.
Having a PCP can lead to better health and save time and money for you. If you need assistance finding a PCP or developing a list of questions or concerns to discuss with them, Blue KC’s Care Management team can work with you through the Blue KC Care Management app.
Blue KC has dedicated Registered Nurse Case Managers who can help you with your chronic conditions. You can also engage with a Registered Nurse Case Manager through the Blue KC Care Management app.
The app is available at no additional cost and allows you to:
- Track your blood pressure, weight, physical activity and more – all in one place
- Set daily reminders to take medications
- Read helpful articles about your condition and healthcare coverage
- Send secure messages to your care team
How to get started:
- Using your mobile device, in the App Store or Google Play, search for “Blue KC Care Management” and download the app
- Create an account
- Follow the instructions to set up your account
- Your access code is: kchelpwelcome
- Or simply scan the QR code below with your smartphone