When last weekend’s sports injury requires an MRI, you have two choices:
- Go to an imaging center your doctor refers and potentially pay a higher cost; or
- Shop for an imaging center that offers the same service at a lower cost.
Shop? For an MRI? Absolutely!
At one time, a doctor’s order for a test, scan, or procedure meant you’d have it done at the facility scribbled on a script pad. No questions asked.
Today, eligible members* have SmartShopper, which gives you control to shop and choose a lower cost option for an MRI, colonoscopy, mammogram, surgery, ultrasound, and more than 90 other medical procedures. And, you can earn a cash reward for doing so! Blue KC members have earned an average reward of $365 per procedure.
SmartShopper is part of your member portal at MyBlueKC.com, on the MyBlueKC app, or you can call the SmartShopper Personal Assistant Team to help you shop. So, shopping – and saving – is at your fingertips and easy.
How To Shop:
Watch the brief video below and download this How-To Guide for step-by-step shopping instructions using SmartShopper.
Learn More About SmartShopper:
- This SmartShopper FAQ answers many common questions.
- The experts on the SmartShopper Personal Assistant Team (1-855-476-5027) can answer your specific questions and help you shop.
- Explore SmartShopper for yourself on our website at:
*SmartShopper-eligible members include fully insured large and small group members, small group level funded members, and individual and family plan members. Experience varies between ACA and non-ACA plans. Self-insured customers can work with their Blue KC Account Representative for more information about offering SmartShopper to their employees.