Your Member ID Card is key to unlocking all the coverage and benefits of your Blue KC health plan. Keep it in your wallet and be sure to present your card anytime you visit your doctor, receive healthcare services, or fill a prescription. Your card contains information that healthcare professionals need to make sure your care is covered.
Let’s take a closer look at your Member ID Card.
- Member ID Number – This is the number we use to identify you and your policy. It’s also what providers use to file claims on your behalf.
- Group Number – This number is used to identify our members by a group. For example, if you purchased your insurance directly from Blue KC, you’re part of the “individual group.”
- Plan Type – This describes what type of insurance plan you have (for example, an EPO plan).
- Customer Service Phone Number – Call this number when you have a question about your Blue KC policy. Our Customer Service staff is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT.
- Network Name – This is the network of hospitals, physicians and pharmacies that accept your Blue KC policy. It’s important that you see healthcare providers who are in your network to ensure you maximize the benefits of your policy.
You can view, print and download a digital copy of your Blue KC member ID card for yourself, and anyone covered on your policy. Simply login to your MyBlueKC.com member portal and visit the ID card section.