There’s Vital Information on Your Member ID Card
Your Blue KC Member ID card is living proof that you’re insured by one of the most trusted names in healthcare. This card is your key to unlocking all the coverage and benefits offered by your Blue KC health plan.
We recommend that you keep your ID card in a safe, accessible place like your wallet. Carry it with you as you go about your life. Of course, you’ll want to present your card anytime you visit your doctor or pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.
Here’s a closer look at the key information you’ll find on your card.
- Member ID Number – This number identifies you and your policy. It contains a three-letter alpha prefix, followed by your ID number.
- Suffix – This number is unique for each member covered on your policy.
- Group Number – This number classifies our members into groups, usually by the employer they receive their plan from, or a direct pay group.
- Plan Type – This describes what type of plan you have.
- Customer Service Phone Number – We’re here to help members Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central time.
- Network Name – This is the network of hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare professionals that accept your Blue KC policy. To make the most of your benefits, choose in-network providers.
- In Network Deductible & Out of Pocket – This space will show your plan’s applicable In Network Deductible and maximum Out of Pocket amounts.
- NEW FOR 2022! QR Code – Use the camera on your mobile device to scan this code to view your benefit summary. The benefit summary does not contain any personal information or confidential health information. It’s simply a quick way to check your plan benefits.
- Suitcase – Some Blue KC members have access to the “Blue Card” program which extends healthcare benefits to all 50 states.
What to do if you lose your card?
Don’t worry, you can download your digital ID card, order a replacement and print a temporary ID card from your member portal. Simply log in to MyBlueKC.com either online, or on the MyBlueKC app and visit the ID Card section.