It’s Open Enrollment Time!
Open Enrollment for your Marketplace Individual and Family Plan runs November 1, 2021 – January 15, 2022. Your coverage begins January 1, 2022, if you enroll by December 15, 2021. If you submit your enrollment December 16, 2021 – January 15, 2022, your new coverage begins February 1, 2022.
During Open Enrollment you have two choices.
1. Re-enroll in your current plan.
What to do if you’re happy and want to keep your plan? Nothing! You’ll be re-enrolled automatically!
2. Explore other Blue KC plans.1
Want to see what your other options are? To review other plans based on benefits, costs, and coverage, visit BlueKCforYou.com or call 888-893-8172.
With Blue KC, you get features you can count on – no matter what your Blue KC Marketplace Plan
Get benefits for hospitalization, emergency services, laboratory services, pregnancy/maternity/newborn care as well as:
- $0 in-network preventive services: We cover more than 75 age-related preventive care services, including flu shots and mammograms.
- Rx Savings Solutions: Our free program can help lower your pharmacy costs by automatically searching for the lowest prices on prescription drugs.
Easy Access to Care
Get the care you need when you need it.
- Virtual Care: Schedule a video visit with a board-certified doctor or behavioral health therapist from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- 24/7 Nurse Line: Visit with a nurse advisor about symptoms or health-related questions. You can also browse the Audio Health Library for more than 1,500 topics in English and Spanish.
- Mindful by Blue KC: Access tools and resources to address stress, depression, anxiety, substance use, and more. One call to a Mindful Advocate, a licensed behavioral health clinician, can match you to the care and services you need.
Commitment to Health
Special programs that support better health.
- Healthy Companion™: Provides tools and resources such as educational reminders, online tips, and clinical support for nine different chronic health conditions.
- Diabetes Management: Receive a free cellular meter, unlimited strips, remote monitoring with emergency outreach, and a one-on-one live coach. Participation based on qualification.
Take advantage of exclusive savings and rewards.
- Blue KC ACA Rewards Program: Earn a $25 digital gift card for completing your annual preventive visit. Register at BlueKC.com/ACARewards and complete your annual preventive visit by December 31, 2021, to earn your reward this year, if you haven’t already.
- Blue365 Savings: Get discounts on health and wellness-related deals like weight-loss programs and Lasik procedures.
Spira Care Plans
Blue KC Choice Spira Care plans offer a wide range of advanced primary care services at Spira Care Centers, at low to no cast. Spira Care Teams practice family medicine, managing common and long-term illnesses in children and adults with a focus on overall health and well-being. This includes disease prevention, health maintenance, behavioral health consultations, member education, and diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness. You can visit one of eight convenient Spira Care Centers located throughout the metro area and save when enrolled in one of our Blue KC Choice Spira Care options!
Question about your options?
Contact us. We’re here to help.
1 If you are enrolled in a Marketplace plan and your income or household has changed for 2022 – like higher or lower income, adding or losing household members, or getting an offer from an employer for other health coverage – you should update your application as soon as possible. These changes may affect the coverage or savings you’re eligible for.