Center for Disability Inclusion awards Blue KC Leader in Disability Inclusion Seal
Blue KC is honored to be part of the first cohort of Leaders in Disability Inclusion named by Center for Disability Inclusion (CDI).
Blue KC was awarded the Center for Disability Inclusion’s Leader in Disability Inclusion Seal in December 2023.
The seal is awarded to companies that demonstrate a commitment to disability inclusion in the workplace.
Blue KC worked to complete several key tasks in making our environment accessible.
Some of those efforts include:
- On-site training with CDI staff
- Education for Blue KC employees regarding reasonable accommodations and disability inclusion training
- BenchmarkAbility assessment through Cornell University to identify growth opportunities
- Mock interviews with UMKC STEM students with disabilities
- Hosted on-site viewing of Crip Camp: A Disability Revolution documentary
Blue KC would like to thank the Center for Disability Inclusion for its guidance and expertise as our team embarked on this journey, and for its commitment to making our community more inclusive for people with disabilities.