Pharmacy resources and savings opportunities give employees control over their medications
When it comes to managing prescription medications, your employees have more control than they may realize. Please share these basic but essential tips about pharmacy resources and saving opportunities. You can easily cut and paste the article below into an employee email or post it on your intranet.
Save on medications through your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) health plan
The pharmacy portion of your Blue KC health plan is your gateway to prescription and specialty medications, saving opportunities, delivery options, and helpful tools and education.
Here’s how to access all that your pharmacy benefit offers and achieve the greatest savings on your medications.
Visit your pharmacy benefits account
Your pharmacy benefits account page is personalized to you. Upon entry you’ll see your name, prescriptions, account balance, and other information specific to you. To get there, go to:
- Click Plan Benefits (in the left column)
- Click Pharmacy (on the Plan Benefits page)
- Click View Your Pharmacy Benefits
Save on your prescriptions
Don’t miss out on opportunities to save on your prescriptions.
- Savings Center – The Savings Center on your pharmacy benefits account page shows how and how much you can save by making small changes to your prescriptions, such as switching to a generic, transferring to home delivery, or changing quantities. Your pharmacy portal page provides savings information by medication. Here’s how to check your savings opportunities:
- Go to pharmacy benefits account page using the steps above
- Click Member Tools (drop down)
- Click Savings Center
- Rx Savings Solutions (RxSS) – RxSS alerts you to savings opportunities available for your prescriptions. Plus, it gives you access to certified pharmacy technicians and email and text alerts about how to pay less for prescriptions. Access or activate RxSS at:
- Click Plan Benefits in the left column
- Click Pharmacy on the Plan Benefits page
- Scroll down to Spend Less on Prescription Drugs
- Click Continue to Rx Savings Solutions
If you have questions about medications, savings, accessing your pharmacy benefits account page, or anything else related to pharmacy, please call Blue KC customer service at the number on your member ID card.