Fall Recipe: Lasagna Soup
‘Tis the season for soups, warm tea, and all the cozy things. We all love a good lasagna dish, but have you heard of a healthy lasagna soup? Here’s one you won’t want to miss making this fall season.
- 14 oz. Italian chicken/turkey sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 crushed cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth*
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups quick marinara sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Black pepper
- 6 oz. broken lasagna noodles, whole wheat or gluten free*
- 6 tbsp part skim shredded mozzarella cheese*
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup basil chiffonade
*Check labels for gluten free
- Heat a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, spray with oil and add the sausage; cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks with a wooden spoon, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley, broth, water, marinara sauce, bay leaves and black pepper and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan, and 2 tbsp parsley and mix.
- Add the broken pasta and cook uncovered according to package directions.
- Divide between 6 bowls and top each with 2 tbsp ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella, black pepper, and fresh basil.
Was this helpful?
Well Said Newsletter
Sign-up to receive our monthly eNewsletter, Well Said, for trending topics & important updates.
By clicking to subscribe, you agree with Blue KC terms and policies.