Don’t go Through Hoops to get the Most Out of Your Plan
March may be a month of highly anticipated matchups, screaming fans, and unpredictable outcomes, but it is also a great time to take a moment to understand all the benefits of your health insurance plan.
Getting the most out of your health plan starts with knowing the benefits available to you. Check out these tips for saving money and getting the most out of your Blue KC plan in 2023.
1. Earn a $25 gift card for completing your $0 preventive care visit
Blue KC covers your annual preventive visit – and many other routine preventive services at 100%. To sweeten the deal even more, we’ll give you a $25 gift card1,2,3 to your choice of national retailers for checking your preventive visit off your to-do list. For members with a family plan, the reward applies to everyone, so a family of four could receive $100 in rewards.
2. Register Now for your $25 Gift Card
- Go to BlueKC.com/ACARewards
- Complete your annual preventive visit by December 31,2023
- Earn a $25 gift card (Limit one gift card per policy year per member.)
Tips for scheduling your routine preventive care
- Make sure your doctor is in your plan’s network. You can do this using the Find Care tool at MyBlueKC.com.
- When scheduling, be clear that you want preventive care screenings and tests that are 100% covered by your plan.
- Ask if any tests or treatments done during your appointment might not be considered preventive care.
- Ask if talking about health problems not considered preventive care will lead to extra costs.
- Set up automatic bill payments
We can all agree that nobody likes paying bills. Automatic bill payment makes it a little less painful because it gives you one less bill to manually deal with. Set up automatic bill pay now at:
- “Pay My Bill” in the left column
- “Manage Payments”
Would you prefer to continue paying monthly? Call 816-395-3030 to pay by phone. Or pay online from your banking website.
3. Opt-In to Text Messaging from Blue KC
This is a simple, secure way to connect with your healthcare. Get important messages designed with your health and privacy in mind.
To Opt in to Blue KC text messaging alerts text DIGITALBLUE to 62086. Spira Care members text LINKBLUEKC to 62086.
1Choose from CVS, Home Depot, Target, Starbucks, DoorDash, or Whole Foods.
2Your preventive visit can take up to 90 days to reflect on the Blue KC ACA Rewards portal.
3Gift cards will be delivered via email within 24 hours of redeeming your reward on the Blue KC ACA Rewards portal.