Virtual Care – Quality Care Without Going to the Clinic
When a bad cold has you grounded or a mysterious fever has interrupted your trip with friends, virtual care has your back. Connect immediately with a doctor through your MyBlueKC app or member portal. Virtual care lets you meet with your doctor by phone or video. Sometimes not all concerns need an in-person visit, that’s why virtual care is a good option for minor issues like a cold, pink eye, or if you need care at night, on the weekend, or when your doctor is unavailable. Virtual care is also available for behavioral health visits.
Virtual Care is a Good Option for:
- When you have minor issues like upper respiratory infection, flu, or pink eye
- When you’re experiencing anxiety, depression, or another behavioral healthcare issue (behavioral health is by appt only)
- When you want a convenient consult at home, at work, or when traveling
- When you need care on nights, weekends, or your primary care doctor is unavailable
Preparing for a Virtual Care Visit
The following tips will help your virtual visit run smoothly.
Test your technology. Check on your device connection before your visit. Sometimes there is a test link provided to help identify and address any challenges.
Find a well-lit spot. If you are using video for your virtual visit, make sure there is good lighting so your health care provider can see you.
Reduce background noise. Find a quiet place and minimize any distractions. Turn off alarms and sounds on other devices.
Take notes. Write down important information before and during your visit such as:
- Your medication list
- Questions and concerns
- Instructions and details your provider shares throughout the visit
Members can visit with a virtual care doctor through the MyBlueKC mobile app or at BlueKCVirtualCare.com.
Learn more about your care options by watching this video: