Vital Information on Your Member ID Card
Your Blue KC Member ID card is living proof that you’re insured by one of the most trusted names in healthcare. This card is your key to unlocking all the coverage and benefits offered by your Blue KC health plan.
We recommend that you keep your ID card in a safe, accessible place like your wallet. Carry it with you as you go about your life. Of course, you’ll want to present your card anytime you visit your doctor or pick up a prescription at the pharmacy.
Here’s a closer look at the key information you’ll find on your card.
- Member ID Number – Number we use to identify you and your policy. It contains a three-letter alpha prefix, followed by your ID number.
- Suffix – This number is unique for each member covered on your policy.
- Group Number – Number we use to classify our ACA Individual and Family Plans
- Plan Type – This describes what type of plan you have.
- Network Name – This is the network of hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare professionals that accept your Blue KC policy. To make the most of your benefits, choose in-network providers.
- In Network Deductible & Out of Pocket – This space will show your plan’s applicable In Network Deductible and maximum Out of Pocket amounts.
What to do if you lose your card?
Don’t worry, you can download your digital ID card, order a replacement and print a temporary ID card from your member portal. Simply log in to MyBlueKC.com either online, or on the MyBlueKC app and visit the ID Card section.