There’s a lot to do to get clients ready for coverage beginning January 1. Together we can help your clients make the most of their 2023 coverage. These reminders and tips will put you at the ready when you talk to clients in the coming weeks.
First premium payment due January 1, 2023
It’s critical for new members to make their first premium payment by January 1 so they are eligible for coverage immediately. They have several convenient payment options.
- Automatic bill payment – Go to MyBlueKC.com, click Pay My Bill, click Manage Payments
- Pay online from your bank’s website
- Pay by mail
- Pay by phone at 816-395-3030
Member ID card mailing
Once clients have made their first premium payment, they will receive their member ID card in the mail. Please encourage clients to present their card anytime they visit their doctor, receive healthcare services, or fill a prescription. The ID card is accompanied by a welcome flyer.
- Welcome flyer – ACA Individual and Family Plan with Spira Care
- Welcome flyer – ACA Individual and Family Plan without Spira Care
Welcome email to new and renewing clients
NonSpira clients* will receive a welcome email two days after their application or renewal is entered into our system. The email welcomes them to Blue KC, encourages portal registration and mobile app use, and delivers their ACA member guide. There is a version for clients not registered on the member portal and one for clients who are registered on the portal
*Your Spira Care clients will begin receiving the email after the first of the year.
Extended 2023 open enrollment period
Thanks to an extended open enrollment period, you can enroll clients in a Blue KC ACA plan through January 15, 2023. The effective date will be February 1, 2023.
As you enroll clients, keep in mind:
- Nearly three out of four Blue KC members qualify for financial help for their ACA health plan thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act, which provides savings through 2025.
- Clients with a life-changing event may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Blue KC Choice plans with Spira Care offer your clients savings beyond their premium dollar with $0 primary care services at Spira Care Centers. Spira Care offers:
- Primary care for newborns, infants, children, adolescents, and adults
- Routine preventive care
- Sick care
- Chronic medical condition management
- Behavioral health consultations
- On-site Care Guides to help with care coordination and benefit questions
- Health coaching
- Extended hours for appointments
- In-person, telephone, and virtual care appointments
Questions? We have an FAQ
There’s a lot to know about OEP. To make it a little easier, we’ve consolidated the broker questions we hear most often in this Blue KC Open Enrollment FAQ.
Download OEP sales and marketing resources
Download key sales and marketing resources here, or find them on the Agent Portal > Affordable Care Act > Agent Materials.
- Metro Consumer Guide
- Rural Consumer Guide
- ACA Individual & Family Plans-at-a-Glance
- Spira Care ACA Plan Brochure
- 2023 ACA Direct Enrollment Application
- 2023 Commission & Bonus Program – ACA IFP
- Small Group Contact Guidance Sheet