There’s a lot to love about this granola recipe. It’s easy to make, healthy, and delicious. And, you can control the amount of sugar and the quality of ingredients while also changing things up by adding the flavors you enjoy.
- 2-3 tablespoons real maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or almond for a nutty flavor) extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw nuts, chopped (almonds, pecans, cashews, or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit (such as dried cranberries, raisins, or currants)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F
2. Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey), vanilla (or almond) extract, and salt in the bottom of a large bowl and give it a quick stir.
3. Add the rest of the dry ingredients, (if you’d like, use your clean hands to mix well) and toss to coat. It will be sticky and a bit messy.
4. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet or sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 11-13 minutes until very lightly toasted. Keep an eye out, you may need to keep in the oven a few extra minutes to lightly toast, depending on your oven temperature.
5. Cool 10-15 minutes before serving or storing. Granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
TIP: Fill a mason jar, add a ribbon, and you have a perfect holiday or hostess gift!