Add Years to Your Life and More Life to Your Years with a PCP
You know yourself inside and out. You know who else should? Your primary care provider (PCP).
Your PCP is a partner in health. Trained to look after overall wellness, manage chronic illnesses, and keep you on track with necessary screenings, your PCP helps manage your day-to-day health and keeps you on the road to good health. What’s more, studies show that people who see a PCP live longer.
You should be able to tell your PCP anything – so choose one you trust and feel a connection with.
Five Benefits of having a PCP
1. Provide proactive preventive care
A PCP provides proactive preventive care and can help identify issues like infectious disease, respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, cancer, mental health disorders, substance abuse, and violence.
2. Lower your healthcare costs
Maintaining good health is the best way to avoid bigger, more costly healthcare issues. Blue KC Spira Care members can visit a Spira Care Center for $0*. And for members who use an in-network PCP, the annual preventive visit – and many other preventive services – are covered at 100%. Read the What’s an annual preventive visit and how can I get one? to learn more.
3. Save time
Your PCP can address multiple issues in one appointment. They can often provide a checkup, screening, and any immunizations in just one visit.
4. Guide you through the healthcare system
If you ever need specialized care, your PCP can refer you to the right specialist and coordinate with specialists throughout your care journey.
5. Enjoy the confidence of having a trusted health advocate
Your care is in the hands of someone who knows your whole story. The more your PCP knows you, the better they can care for you and positively impact your health for years to come.
Don’t Have a PCP? No worries.
We’ve made finding a PCP easy for Blue KC members.
- Find one in your neighborhood – Visit your member portal at MyBlueKC.com, select Find Care in the left column, then enter any of the following in the search bar: PCP, family medicine, internal medicine, general practice, or a specific provider name.
- Spira Care members – Visit a Spira Care Center for $0*. Make an appointment at one of nine Spira Care Centers in the Kansas City metro area.
*Spira Care HSA members pay a low cost for visits.
Please contact Blue KC Customer Service with questions or if you want to talk about opening a Blue KC health plan.