For Immediate Release: April 7, 2021
For more information contact:
KANSAS CITY, MO. (April 7, 2021) In recognition of its unwavering commitment to superior customer service, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City’s (Blue KC’s) commercial call center received Service Quality Measurement (SQM) Group’s World Class First Call Resolution (FCR) Certification for 2020. Based on voice-of-the-customer survey results, the World Class FCR Certification is awarded to contact centers nationwide on the basis of 80 percent or more of customers having their issues resolved on the first call for at least three consecutive months.
"At Blue KC, our members are at the center of everything we do,” said Gratia Carver, Vice President and Chief Experience Officer. "Our customer service team is the first step in addressing our members’ needs, which is why we place a strong emphasis on creating a positive workplace experience so that our employees are at their best in order to assist members. We are deeply humbled to receive recognition not just for our leading customer service but for our world-class employee experience.”
Blue KC was additionally recognized with the following awards from SQM:
First Call Resolution Improvement Award
- Blue KC was recognized for increasing its first call resolution rating for its Federal Employee Program (FEP).
Highest Employee Experience by Industry Award (Healthcare)
- Blue KC was recognized for having the highest employee ratings for overall experience working at the contact center of any other competitors within the healthcare industry.
World Class Employee Experience Award
- Blue KC was recognized for having a majority of employees rate their overall experience of working in the contact center at the ‘very satisfied’ level. Call center eSat (employee satisfaction) performance for Blue KC ranked at 75 percent compared to the average call center at 44 percent, and 80 percent of the Blue KC call center staff would recommend Blue KC to others as a good place to work compared to the average call center at 53 percent.
Best Practice Award for Quality Assurance Program
- Blue KC was recognized for its commitment to maintaining or improving its first call resolution and customer experience performance as a result of its Guide to Mentoring Program best practices. The Guide to Mentoring Program is a standardized coaching approach created by Blue KC allowing the Quality Assurance team to provide consistent feedback using a standardized process to coach new hires and anyone needing a little extra boost, while also allowing for customization based on the individual needs of the employee.
In addition, four Blue KC employees were recognized by SQM for their outstanding customer service. These team members include:
- TeRance Golden, Supervisor, Operations, nominated for Supervisor of the Year.
- Brittany Badua, Associate Operations Application Specialist, nominated for Customer Service Representative of the Year.
- Gretchen Gladden, Senior Customer Advocate, nominated for Customer Service Representative of the Year.
- Tracy Shifflett, Customer Liaison, nominated for Customer Service Representative of the Year.
Blue KC’s call center and designated employees will be recognized during SQM’s annual virtual awards ceremony in May 2021.
To learn more about Blue KC’s commitment to member satisfaction, please visit BlueKC.com/consumer/blue-kc/about.
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, the largest not-for-profit health insurer in Missouri and the only not-for-profit commercial health insurer in Kansas City, has been part of the Kansas City community since 1938. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City provides health coverage services to more than one million residents in the greater Kansas City area, including Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas and 30 counties in Northwest Missouri. Our mission: to provide affordable access to healthcare and to improve the health of our members. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. For more information on the company, visit its website at BlueKC.com.