Blue KC has updated its process for agent of record (AOR) changes. Generally, a change is requested by a Medicare Advantage or ACA member and the process is initiated by the prospective new agent. Here’s what you need to know and do:
- Access the Agent of Record Policy form at Blue KC Agent Portal > Resources > Affordable Care Act Plans (or Medicare Advantage plans) > 2023 Blue KC Medicare Advantage and QHP (ACA) Off-Exchange Agent of Record Policy form
- Complete the form, including member signature
- Submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blue KC reviews and processes request within a week of receipt
- Transfer of agent commissions from incumbent agent to new agent will be effective the first of the next month
To qualify for an AOR change, agents must be appointed, in good standing, and certified.
Please contact your Blue KC representative if you have questions about the AOR change process.