When last weekend’s sport’s injury requires an MRI, eligible* Blue KC members have a choice.
- Go to the imaging center referred by a doctor and potentially pay a higher cost; OR
- Shop for an imaging center that offers the same service at a lower cost
Shop for an MRI? Absolutely!
At one time, an order for a test, scan, or procedure meant having it done at the facility the doctor scribbled on a script pad.
Today, Blue KC members* have SmartShopper, which gives them control to shop and choose a lower cost option for more than 90 medical procedures such as an MRI, colonoscopy, mammogram, surgery, or ultrasound. Plus, they can earn a cash reward for doing so! Blue KC members have earned an average reward of $365 per procedure.
Eligible members can access SmartShopper on the member portal at MyBlueKC.com, on the MyBlueKC app, or they can call the SmartShopper Personal Assistant Team at 1-855-476-5027.
How to shop
This brief video and How-To Guide have step-by-step shopping instructions for using SmartShopper. Please share them with your clients and encourage them to share with employees.
Learn more about SmartShopper
- This SmartShopper FAQ answers many common questions.
- The experts on the SmartShopper Personal Assistant Team – 1-855-476-5027 – can answer specific questions and help members shop.
- Members can access SmartShopper at:
* SmartShopper-eligible members include fully insured large and small group members, small group level funded members, and individual and family plan members. ▪ Experience varies between ACA and non-ACA plans. ▪ SmartShopper is not available to Medicare Advantage members. ▪ Self-insured customers can work with their Blue KC Account Representative for more information about offering SmartShopper to their employees.