Blue KC members in plans with exclusive access to Spira Care Centers can download a new mobile app that makes it even easier to connect with Spira Care.
Spira Care uses athenahealth, an electronic medical record, to make health information accessible through the patient portal. The new athenaPatient app helps patients connect with Spira Care from their smartphones.
Patients can use the app to:
- Log in via facial recognition and touch ID
- Access health information like lab or test results from a Spira Care appointment
- Send and receive secure messages from the Care Team
- View upcoming appointments
- Join virtual appointments
Members enrolled in plans with Spira Care can get started with the app in three simple steps.
Spira Care – A deeper dive
Spira Care is an innovative advanced primary care model that transforms the healthcare landscape and offers patients:
- Primary care services for newborns, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and seniors
- Reduced financial barriers to primary care
- Same- and next-day appointments for sick care needs
- Appointment availability for new and established patients, often within seven days
- Early morning and evening appointments
- Saturday appointments at four locations
- In-person and virtual appointments
- Access to an on-call service outside business hours
- On-site lab services at every Spira Care Center
- On-site X-ray services at seven of the nine Spira Care Centers
Spira Care patients have access to a multidisciplinary Care Team with an integrated approach to address medical, behavioral, and other barriers to achieving their health goals. The integrated approach features programs like specialized diabetes and clinical pharmacy support.
Get to know Spira Care providers and hear about the Spira Care experience from their perspective.