Your Broker Development and Engagement Managers are pleased to provide these AEP resources and reminders.
NEW! Blue Medicare Advantage dental network
You can find the new Blue MA dental network at MedicareBlueKC.com, on the Agent Portal, or download it at Blue MA Dental Network. As we continue to grow the network, please revisit often for updates to the network. We are excited to partner with third-party administrator – Dominion Dental – to provide a superior level of customer service.
NEW! Over-the-Counter (OTC) retail location expansion
In addition to using their Blue Benefit Bucks OTC wallet at Walmart, Walgreens and CVS, members can now use their OTC benefit at Hy-Vee and Sav-a-Lot.
Blue KC Simply Blue (PPO) frequently asked questions
How does the dental buy-up work with flex dollars? How does the same in- and out-of-network cost sharing work? Where can members use their OTC benefit allowance? Find answers to these and other questions in this FAQ.
Scope of Appointment (SOA) reminder
CMS requires an SOA for each enrollment. To comply with CMS guidelines, Blue KC established an audit program with randomly selected enrollments. If your Broker Development and Engagement Manager requests an SOA for an enrollment, please return the SOA within 48 hours.
Top 5 Blue KC resources for AEP
- Benefit FAQs answer detailed questions about supplemental benefits. Get them at Agent Portal > Resources > Agent Product Education.
- Missed the Blue MA Broker Rollout? Watch the video
- Need to order Information Kits or Plan Guides? Email MAKitRequest@BlueKC.com and include quantity and shipping address.
- Get the list of Preferred Retail Pharmacies for the 2024 Blue KC Essential PPO plan.
- Want quick answers to your clients’ questions about claims or coverage? Email your Broker Concierge customer service team at govt_broker_services@BlueKC.com
How to use disaster elections
Assist beneficiaries unable to make their election due to a natural disaster using a FEMA-declared weather-related emergency or major disaster exception. When enrolling a beneficiary who is eligible for this exception, please note the specific disaster and specifically which enrollment period they missed. Example: Bob is new to Medicare and his enrollment window ended June 31, 2023. Because of The Missouri Drought executive order #23-05 State Declared Emergency, he was unable to come to your office to enroll until August 1. Since the declared disaster period is May 31, 2023, through December 1, 2023, Bob’s enrollment is approved.