After living with COVID-19 for over two years, we’ve become accustomed to being tested by the virus. Many of us have even become experts at getting tested for the virus. In any event, we thought a quick refresher would be beneficial to our members.
Remember, by testing for COVID-19, we can protect ourselves, our families, our friends, and our communities.
Find a public testing site
You’ll find testing sites across the Kansas City region. The key is to know which ones are in-network, so you don’t have to pay out of pocket for the test. Make the most of your Blue KC benefits by choosing to be tested at one of our in-network partners:
- Your local county health department
- LabCorp and Quest diagnostic testing centers
- CVS and Walgreens pharmacies
- Pixel by LabCorp at-home testing kit
Order free at-home COVID-19 tests
Would you be more comfortable testing at home? Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order free at-home COVID-19 tests. These tests are now available through the federal government and will be delivered to your home address by the USPS.
Talk about convenience, these rapid antigen tests can be taken anywhere and give results within 30 minutes. They’ll work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms, and whether or not you’re up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines.
To order your free at-home tests, go to COVIDtests.gov. This website is also a great source of testing information.
When should you take an at-home test?
- If you begin having COVID-19 symptoms like a fever, sore throat, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell
- At least five days after coming into close contact with someone with COVID-19
- When you’re going to gather with a group of people, especially those who are at risk of severe disease or who may not be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines
Blue KC is here to help you stay healthy, safe, and informed. You can visit Blue KC’s COVID-19 testing page anytime for more information on options for at-home testing.