LARGE GROUP PLANS
We’ve got health coverage for businesses with 100 employees or more. From a choice of different product types to a plethora of value-added services, employers can build a comprehensive health benefits package that works for their valued employees.
Large Group Funding Options.
We’re resolved to make sure health insurance is affordable and accessible. That’s why Blue KC gives you several options to fund your company’s health plan.
- Allows you to pay a reduced portion of the insured premium.
- At the end of the contract year, if the reduced premium covers net claims plus expenses, you are not liable for any additional premium.
- If reduced premium does not cover net claims plus expenses, you are required to pay for any shortfall up to the amount of the full premium.
- If the costs exceed the amount of the full premium, Blue KC absorbs the loss.
- Provides you with the opportunity for your payment obligations to be based on claims-related costs.
- There are two payment components: a fixed cost component payable at the beginning of the month which includes service fees and premiums for specific and aggregate pooling coverage, and a claims and network access fees component payable after the end of the month.
- The aggregate pooling coverage protects against unexpectedly high aggregate claims costs, and the specific pooling coverage protects against shock claims on individual members.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ONLY (ASO)
- Blue KC handles the administration of your health plan, helping to eliminate paperwork.
- Employees can check their claims, update personal information, and obtain provider information via a secure website. They can also enroll online via BluesEnroll.
- A dedicated ASO representative will meet with you regularly, and you’ll receive regular electronic reports on utilization, claims accounting, network savings, and more.
Value Added Services for Large Group Plans
With added perks like personalized health and wellness programs, member discounts and online services, Blue KC members can live life to the fullest.
Getting ready for your new arrival can be both exciting and overwhelming. Our team of highly qualified, caring professionals are here to provide tools and resources for you throughout your pregnancy. Log into MYBLUEKC.COM and click Health Programs, then the Pregnancy tab.
LIVONGO FOR DIABETES
When you have diabetes, there’s a lot to keep up with every day. The Livongo for Diabetes program makes it easier to keep track of your blood sugar. If you qualify, we’ll send you a free glucose meter that provides instant support for abnormal readings, along with unlimited strips and lancets. Register online: JOIN.LIVONGO.COM/BLUEKC/
Use code BLUEKC.
MINDFUL BY BLUE KC
Every day, the numbers rise. And all too often, conditions like depression, anxiety and substance use go untreated. Mindful by Blue KC works to reduce the stigma surrounding behavioral health. It makes care more accessible and affordable, so you get the care you need. Our licensed behavioral health clinicians will match you to providers and guide your care plan. Learn more at MINDFULBLUEKC.COM.
A HEALTHIER YOU™
A Healthier You™ is a family of health and wellness services that you can access anytime – right from your personalized member portal. As we like to tell members, it’s like having a digital wellness coach to support you every step of your health journey. Go to your app store, then search for BLUE KC A Healthier You app.
With Blue365®, great deals are yours for every aspect of your life – like 20% off at Reebok.com, discounted products through Jenny Craig or a gym membership for just $25 a month. Blue365® can help make living well more affordable with year-round discounts and exclusive offers. Register at BLUE365DEALS.COM/BLUEKC.
LIFESTYLE PROGRAM BENEFIT
Blue KC invites you to get healthier with a covered benefit that can help you in your quest to lose weight and feel your best. If you qualify, we’ll match you with a program that fits your lifestyle and keeps you on track with one-on-one support from a trained health coach, including virtual options. Find out if you qualify. Take a 1-minute quiz at SOLERA4ME.COM/BLUEKC.
Ready to Start the Enrollment Process?
We look forward to helping you choose the right health insurance coverage for your company and employees. What’s more, we look forward to being a trusted partner. Welcome to your local Blues family.
(or contact your health insurance broker/agent)
More Blue Plans & Products
When life calls for more than health insurance, Blue KC answers. With dental plans and travel medical insurance that fits the bill – and fits life, too.
Resources for Your Employees
Help your employees better understand how to make the most out of their health insurance plan, plus the programs that come along with it.