Yesterday across our organization, we were proud to honor those who have served and those currently serving in our military by partnering with two Kansas City organizations including A Million Thanks and United Way of Greater Kansas City.
Writing Letters With A Million Thanks
Blue KC employees put pen to paper to thank our veterans with A Million Thanks and wrote cards and letters of appreciation. The mission of the organization is to provide support and appreciation of our active and veteran military men and women by sending letters to thank them for their service. The organization also provides higher education and scholarships to their children. To learn more about how you can write your own letter of appreciation, visit amillionthanks.org.
Packing Kits With United Way of Greater Kansas City
Not only did we support those serving abroad, we also honored those veterans close to home in Kansas City. Yesterday, our employees packed kits for homeless veterans to help keep them warm, safe and healthy this winter with United Way of Greater Kansas City. The kits include supplies such as body wash, deodorant, a toothbrush and toothpaste towels and other basic items. Find out how you can contribute and help homeless veterans in our community by visiting unitedwaygkc.org.
Blue KC Veterans
We are proud and fortunate to have a number of veterans working at Blue KC to help make Kansas City a better place to live, work and play. We thank them for their service and for their dedication to Kansas City and this country. Watch the video below to learn more about our veterans.
- Kimberly Myers: Kimberly is a Clinical Nurse in Case and Disease Management at Blue KC. She served in the Air Force for seven years and in the Air National Guard for 20 years.
- Rodney Manfredi: Rodney is a Blue KC Business Process Engineer and served five years in the Marines.
- Ed Jalbert: Ed is a Senior Applications Developer and served in the Marines for eight years.
- Christopher Brown: Christopher is a Customer Advocate and served seven years in the Marines.
- Jeffrey Platt: Jeffrey is a Claims Specialist and served in the Army for eight years.