It’s now time to choose healthcare coverage for you and your dependents for 2021. In order to support a healthier Kansas City, Blue KC has returned to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) individual marketplace. As of November 1, 2020, residents in all 32 counties of Blue KC’s service area can enroll in Blue KC plans for 2021 individual coverage.
As we’ve all learned during the COVID-19 pandemic, no one knows what the future holds, and we’re all striving to do what we can to stay in good health. Blue KC health insurance not only offers peace of mind from unexpected costs that may arise from illness or injury, it can offer potentially life-saving preventive care to help you stay healthy. We offer a range of plans to fit your specific health needs and budget.
Why Blue KC Insurance?
After listening to members in our coverage area about their healthcare needs, we created individual marketplace plans with unique benefits compared to our competitors, including:
- Mindful by Blue KC: Our comprehensive behavioral healthcare offeringfeatures well-being resources, online therapy, self-guided tools, employer guided workshops, and 24/7 licensed behavioral health clinicians to match you to providers and care plans. Read more about Mindful by Blue KC and how it can assist you.
- Exclusive access to well-managed care through Spira Care: Our innovative, simplified system that merges integrated primary coverage and care allows enrolled Blue KC members to receive a more personal and affordable healthcare experience through benefits such as routine preventive care, primary care and chronic condition management. Spira Care members have access to seven Care Centers conveniently located throughout the Kansas City metro, virtual care, and the expertise of Care Guides – live and local people who serve as single point-of-contact guides for all your health-related needs. Explore the simplified healthcare experience Spira Care offers.
- 24/7 access to Virtual Care: Blue KC’s virtual care service offers medical and behavioral health consultations with a doctor, diagnoses and prescriptions when appropriate. We offer this service as an affordable, on-demand alternative to traditional primary or urgent care via safe and secure communications. Discover more benefits of virtual care.
- Our award-winning customer service: Blue KC’s team of experienced customer service experts is here to help members search for the right plans on the ACA Individual Market Exchange and help answer all questions.
So, Where Do You Start When It Comes to Picking the Right Plan?
Navigating and choosing a plan can be complex, so we encourage you to consider three important factors.
- Determine the Amount of Coverage You’ll Need: Think about your personal health needs. Use your healthcare history as a guide and anticipate any changes in care you might need in the next calendar year. If you’re primarily looking for protection from medical scenarios like serious illnesses or injury, consider Blue KC’s Bronze plans. They offer low monthly premiums but have higher deductibles. On the other hand, our Silver and Gold plans offer increasing levels of coverage in exchange for higher monthly premiums. If you see the doctor a lot, have chronic conditions and/or foresee the need for a substantial amount of care, you may want to consider one of these higher tiered plans.
- See What
Plan Fits Within Your Budget: When it
comes to choosing a plan, consider two important costs: your set monthly insurance
payments (premiums) and out-of-pocket expenses—both of which vary
by plan. Out-of-pocket expenses are costs you are responsible for in
addition to your monthly premiums, such as copays for doctor visits, hospital
stays and prescription costs. A Gold plan, for example, will have far fewer
out-of-pocket expenses compared to a Bronze plan.
An important note: Depending on your income, you and your family may qualify for savings on your monthly premiums through a subsidy. We encourage members to find out if they are eligible through contacting our sales team 816-395-2683 to see if you qualify for a subsidy.
- Select Your Doctors: We understand how instrumental a trusted doctor-patient relationship is to your health and wellbeing. If you would like to keep seeing doctors you currently visit with, check to see if they are in-network for the plan you’re selecting, as in-network doctor visits cost less than those who are out-of-network. If your doctors aren’t in your chosen plan network, we are committed to helping you choose the ones that best fit your healthcare needs.
At Blue KC, we’re here to protect you and help you live your healthiest life possible. We encourage you to enroll today. Enrollment is available through December 15, 2020, and coverage for all plans will begin on January 1, 2021.
Have questions? Visit BlueKCForYou.com to learn more about ACA plans and programs and what you need in order to enroll, or contact our sales team at 816-395-2683.