Millions of Americans are facing uncertainty and exceptional circumstances, including high levels of unemployment coupled with a rise in health conditions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, making it more important than ever to have affordable access to quality health care and coverage. To help uninsured and underinsured families and individuals get the affordable care they need, the Biden administration established a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) extending the deadline for eligible candidates to enroll in a health plan through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace.
To support a healthier Kansas City, Blue KC is offering ACA individual health insurance plans throughout the SEP to ensure our community is getting the care they need. From February 15, 2021 through August 15, 2021, residents in all 32 counties of Blue KC’s service area can enroll in Blue KC plans for 2021 individual coverage.
If we’ve learned anything from the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that no one knows what the future holds and we’re all striving to do what we can to stay in good health. Blue KC’s health insurance plans not only offer peace of mind from unexpected costs that may arise from illness or injury, but also offer affordable and convenient access to preventive care to help you stay healthy. We offer a range of plans and options to fit your specific health needs and budget.
Why Blue KC Insurance?
Our plans are unique because they were built with direct input from our members and non-members who live in our service area. Our individual marketplace plans offer members access to:
- Mindful by Blue KC: Our comprehensive behavioral healthcare offering features well-being resources, online therapy, self-guided tools, employer guided workshops, and 24/7 licensed behavioral health clinicians to match you to providers and care plans. Read more about Mindful by Blue KC and how it can assist you.
- Exclusive access to well-managed care through Spira Care: : Our innovative, simplified system that merges integrated primary coverage and care allows enrolled Blue KC members to receive a more personal and affordable healthcare experience through benefits such as routine preventive care, primary care and chronic condition management. Spira Care members have access to seven Care Centers conveniently located throughout the Kansas City metro, virtual care, and the expertise of Care Guides – trained clinicians who serve as single point-of-contact to offer solutions for all your health-related needs, both in-person and over the phone. Explore the simplified healthcare experience Spira Care offers.
- 24/7 access to Virtual Care: Blue KC’s virtual care service offers medical and behavioral health consultations with a doctor, diagnoses and prescriptions when appropriate. We offer this service as an affordable, on-demand alternative to traditional primary or urgent care via safe and secure communications. Discover more benefits of virtual care.
- Our award-winning customer service: Blue KC’s team of experienced customer service experts are here to help members search for the right plans on the ACA Individual Market Exchange and help answer all questions. In recognition of our outstanding customer service, Blue KC was awarded number one in Overall Customer Satisfaction among health plans in the Heartland, according to the J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Commercial Member Health Plan Study.
So, Where Do You Start When It Comes to Picking the Right Plan?
Navigating and choosing a plan can be complex, so we encourage you to consider three important factors.
- Determine the Amount of Coverage You’ll Need: Think about your personal health needs. Use your healthcare history as a guide and anticipate any changes in care you might need in the next calendar year. If you’re primarily looking for protection from medical scenarios like serious illnesses or injury, consider Blue KC’s Bronze plans. They offer low monthly premiums but have higher deductibles. Conversely, our Silver and Gold plans offer increasing levels of coverage in exchange for higher monthly premiums. If you see the doctor a lot, have chronic conditions and/or foresee the need for a substantial amount of care, you may want to consider one of these higher tiered plans.
- See What
Plan Fits Within Your Budget: When it comes to choosing a plan, consider two important costs: your set monthly insurance payments (premiums) and out-of-pocket expenses – both of which vary by plan. Out-of-pocket expenses are costs you are responsible for in addition to your monthly premiums, such as copays for doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription costs. A Gold plan, for example, will cover more out-of-pocket expenses compared to a Bronze plan.
An important note: Depending on your income, you and your family may qualify for savings on your monthly premiums through a subsidy. We encourage members to contact our sales team at 816-395-2683 to determine if they are eligible for subsidies.
- Select Your Doctors: We understand how instrumental a trusted doctor-patient relationship is to your health and well-being. If you would like to keep seeing your current doctors check to see if they are in-network for the plan you’re selecting, as in-network doctor visits will cost you less than out-of-network.
At Blue KC, we’re here to protect you and help you live your healthiest life possible. We encourage you to enroll today. Enrollment is available through the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) ending August 15, 2021. Coverage for all plans will begin on the first day of the following month.
Have questions? Visit BlueKCForYou.com to learn more about ACA plans and programs and what you need in order to enroll or contact our sales team at 816-395-2683.